15 Productivity Hacks For Procrastinators
“Procrastination is the practice of carrying out less urgent tasks in preference to more urgent ones, or doing more pleasurable things in place of less pleasurable ones, and thus putting off impending tasks to a later time, sometimes to the “last minute” before a deadline.” – Wikipedia
Let me guess. Instead of reading this, you should be doing something else? But due to the lack of faith and will you somehow decided to surf the net and read this. One thing is good. You are reading manual about productivity hacks.
Fortunately, procrastination is not a disease. It’s just a mindset that can be changed, however, here are some reminders you need to consider for these hacks to really work, and to change your life for better.
First thing first, of 15 Productivity Hacks
First, you need to acknowledge that procrastinating is an unhealthy habit, and admit that you are one of them. Not only you’re prioritizing unimportant things, basically, nothing gets done. Still unsure if you’re a procrastinator? 🙂
Second, you should dedicate yourself change that characteristic of yourself is very important. You should be physically, emotionally, and mentally determined to change this habit. I have some tips for you which could help you get out of the magic circle.
Tips to improve productivity at work
From me to you, this would be 15 productivity hacks for procrastinators that could help you succeed and motivate you to finish job you need.
1. Preparation in advance. Before getting to sleep, prepare everything you’ll need the next day. This will not take you much time, maybe 15 minutes or so, saving you more time for coffee in the morning. Spin class at am? Pack your stuff up for gym, clothes, shoes, socks, etc. or create a checklist so you don’t miss anything. You can also prep your food into containers and just grab one before leaving.
2. Set a timetable for your tasks for future day. Make a good a real plan. Like any other habits, procrastinating is a tough wall to break.
Replace this habit with another one. Let’s say you have a big research task. Here’s a sample timetable:
10:00 – 10:10 am – Set up all your tools, browser tabs, emails, coffee, etc..
10:10 – 11:00 am – Internet research
11:00 – 11:45 am – Look through existing files
11:45 – 12:00 am – Break time!
12:00 – 13:00 pm – Outline the research report
Deadlines are the best hack for getting things done. Setting a specific time to finish a task creates time pressure even if the deadline has passed.
3. Do a 10 to 15 minute workout in the morning. Exercising will increase your productivity and stimulate release of endorphin or “Happy Hormones”. Take a swim or run outdoors and get warmed up for the day. Don’t feel like running outside? Than find your sport or relax morning enjoyment for that purpose. On a budget? Find a 10 minute, no-equipment needed workout you can do at home on the internet.
4. Use red and use blue often
Remove all distractions you have. Clean them from your life. According to a Science Daily study about which colors improve brain performance, red was found out to increase attention to details while blue sparks creativity. Surrounding yourself with these colors to benefit them in your life.
5. Assign a tasks helper. It could be your buddy, your colleague, or your girlfriend, or anyone else who has the unforgiving guts to reprimand you when you procrastinate. You could even pay someone as a punishment for procrastination. I bet that will certainly change you fast.
5 more hacks
6. Become productively lazy. Instead of finding all sorts of ways to unproductively procrastinate, use your habit to look for shortcuts and new ways to finish your tasks. Staple multiple papers at a time or master the 3-second t-shirt folding technique. A strong drive combined with laziness sometimes bring out the productive and creative side you never knew you have! Good from the bad!
7. Set-up one big task and few mini tasks. Did you ever got a very big project, and you feel its bigger than you? What is solution? Break it down into mini tasks. Create a checklist and start with the easy ones until you finish. Got an article to write? Just start with the title and the first sentence. Or perhaps you have a visual presentation to make? Spend few minutes on your outline, take coffee break, then start it. Accomplishing something, no matter how tiny, still gives you that sense of fulfillment, and some progress.
Few more hacks
8. Consider removing all gadgets from your desk. According to some studies, average users check on their phones more that 100 times a day and having your phone near you creates more and more of this habit. Removing mobile and other gadgets allows you to better concentrate and get more focus on your work. Would it be more easier without the constant interruption from notifications, calls, and text messages? It certainly would.
9. Create an inspirational board or reminder. You can use to write motivating quotes from our Twitter or Facebook page. Or you know what? Just simply write “Do it now!” and stare at it for 10 seconds every time you feel like.
10. Ready your foods. When you get procrastinators problem, and move yourself to get food and drinks again and again, that could be a problem. Than prepare it before you start learning, or doing something else.
Bonus for 15 Productivity Hacks For Procrastinators you can do at home:
11. Create a agenda. List all your thing to do on your work agenda and your break agenda. List important things and less important ones. And start finishing them, one by one. Plan your break for about 10 minutes or half and hour and just do the planed.
12. Schedule your chores. Have you tried to plan in your agenda you hourly and daily chores and breaks. Have you maybe tried to do it for a few days in a row or maybe for even longer periods? If you did not, try it. Write down your chores in a weekly basis. Do the time schedule, day schedule. The trick is listing as many chores as you can for the week and including unfinished chores the following week. Who likes seeing a long list of chores first thing in the morning? 😀
13. Redecorate your room. Make some space. Make it more functional, and pleasurable. Rearrange things. Maybe something will motivate you for much. And a little physical workout will do you good. It is limitless way for motivation.
14. Take it outside! Even when you are bored there is solution. In this article about 15 Productivity Hacks For Procrastinators you could get conclusion about your habits. When we are talking about workout indoor, outdoor is great too. Even better. Get out on a planned run or some other sports activity. It is recommended, coy it will be a stress free therapy.
15. Productivity Hacks For Procrastinators is one called (10+2)*5. Let’s start with a classic but very effective hack called (10+2)*5 created by Merlin Mann. Don’t worry. The (10+2)*5 means 10 minutes work + 2 minutes break multiplied by 5, completing 1 hour. It is crucial to stick with the time limits and not skipping work and break schedules. The point of this is for you to create a jam-packed routine of work and break schedules. The result? You will eventually skip your break schedules. At start it will be very hard to start doing and not thinking about breaks. But in time and great will you will make it happen.
16 Productivity Hacks For Procrastinators will always be a good method to go forward.